We are delighted to announce a 1-day workshop on
(Dis)fluency in Speech and Language Disorders
The workshop will be organized as an additional special day of DiSS 2021. The event is endorsed by the project BENEPHIDIRE, supported by the Agence Nationale de la Recherche (ANR) and the CNSA (Caisse Nationale de solidarité pour l’autonomie) under the grant n°ANR-18-CE36-0008.
Date: August 27, 2021
Venue: Université Paris 8 Vincennes – Saint-Denis, France
Call for papers:
The workshop provides a platform for academics, researchers, and speech therapists to present their papers and to share their ideas, experiences, and research results on the topic of the (dis)fluency in speech and language disorders. Fluency of speech is considered in its widest meaning. Papers are welcome in the topics of disfluencies, self-corrections in speech, speech rate, pausing, and other characteristic features influencing the perception of fluency (accuracy of articulation, word retrieval, sentence construction, etc.).
We invite you to submit original papers in any related area, including but not limited to:
• Characteristics of disfluency in speech disorders
• Characteristics of disfluency in language disorders
• Production and perception of speech errors, repairs, and hesitations disordered speech
• Neurocognitive correlates of speech disfluency
• Comparison of usual disfluencies with those occurring in disordered speech
• Prosody of spontaneous speech in speech and language disorders
• Linguistic analyses on disordered speech
• Word retrieval
• Further related topics from any other area of linguistics and psycholinguistics
We welcome submissions of 2-page abstracts (using Times New Roman 12pt font, single spacing, including tables and references) for oral and poster presentations by March 15, 2021, for review.
Authors of accepted presentations can submit full papers for publication in a specially edited volume. The deadline for the submissions of full-length papers is June 1st, 2021.
Submit your paper via EasyChair (submission opens on January 1st, 2021). In EasyChair, select the topic « Special day on (Dis)Fluency in Speech and Language Disorders » to submit to the special day track.